Michael P. Walters
|Michael P. Walters|
|North Carolina State Senate District 13|
|2009 - Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Claybourn Walters Logging Company|
Walters was appointed to the the North Carolina State Senate in 2009.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Walters has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture/Environment/Natural Resources
- Appropriations/Base Budget
- Insurance Committee
- Judiciary I
- Pensions & Retirement & Aging
- Redistricting Committee
- State and Local Government
Walters ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8. He will face W. Bernard White, Jr. (R) in the November 6, 2012 general election.
Walters won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate District 13. He was slated to face Marc Boudreau (R) in the general election but Boudreau withdrew in August 2010. Walters ran unopposed in the general election.
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 13 (2010)|
|Michael P. Walters (D)||22,728||100%|
Walters defeated Democratic primary challenger Robert Clark on May 4, 2010.
In 2010, Walters collected $153,074 in donations.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael P. Walters's campaign in 2010|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$4,737|
|North Carolina Hospital Association||$3,000|
|North Carolina Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$153,074|
Walters received a degree in agricultural education from North Carolina State University.
Walters was the Secretary-Treasurer of Claybourn Walters Logging Company from 1978 to 2002. He became the President of Claybourn Walters Logging Company in 2003, and has stayed in that position since.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Walters + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- NC Senate votes to make printed legal ads optional - News & Observer
- Plant picks Robeson for 150 jobs - The Robesonian
- Company to locate in Lumberton, will bring 150 high-paying jobs - The Robesonian
- NC Senate agrees hunters can use gun suppressors - WWAY NewsChannel 3
- IRS FIASCO, BENGHAZI PROBES PRODUCE WIND SHEAR FOR WHITE ... - Politico (blog)
- How Alamance legislators voted this week - Burlington Times News
- Legislative roll call: How Hickory-area legislators voted in the General ... - Hickory Daily Record
- Voter ID bill gets local support - The Robesonian
- Luncheon highlights threats that lurk in the community - The Robesonian
- Our View: Blinded by the light - Richmond County Daily Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official North Carolina State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Senator Walters' State Surge
- Senator Walters' facebook
David F. Weinstein
|North Carolina State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|