Michael S. Black
|Michael S. Black|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Regional Director of the Great Plains Regional Office for the BIA|
|Deputy Regional Director for Indian Services of the Rocky Mountain Regional Office for the BIA|
|Chief of the Rocky Mountain Regional Office’s Division of Engineering for the BIA|
|High school||Aberdeen Central High School|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota School of Mines and Technology|
Black has worked with the Bureau of Indian Affairs since 1987.
Black graduated from Aberdeen Central High School before earning a degree from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. He is a registered member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe in South Dakota.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Black's academic, professional and political career:
- 1986: Graduated from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- 1987-1992: General Engineer at the Aberdeen Area Office of the BIA
- 1992-2001: Regional Facility Manager at the Billings Area Office of the BIA
- 2001-2004: Chief of the Rocky Mountain Regional Office’s Division of Engineering for the BIA
- 2004-2008: Deputy Regional Director for Indian Services of the Rocky Mountain Regional Office for the BIA
- 2008-2010: Regional Director of the Great Plains Regional Office for the BIA
- 2010-Present: Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + Black + Director + BIA
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.