|New York State Assembly District 27|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Simanowitz graduated from Queens College with a BA in Political Science. He served as former Assemblywoman Mayersohn's Chief of Staff for over 14 years. He is also a Deputy Inspector with the NYPD.
Simanowitz defeated Marco Desena (R) and Justin Jacobs (New Yorkers for Reform) in the September 13, 2011 special election. Simanowitz also ran on the Independence and Working Family Party tickets.
Simanowitz's campaign site outlines several policy goals.
- "Tax incentives so small businesses can grow and create jobs"
- "More frequent gas tax holidays to save drivers money at the pump"
- "A tax reduction for middle-class families"
- "Increased funding for job-training programs"
- "The preservation of rent control laws"
Queens Public Television will air debates featuring the District 23 and District 27 candidates. The debates have already been taped and will air several times in the run-up to September 13 special election. The schedule of airings can be found here.
67-15 Parsons Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Phone: (718) 969-5711