|New York State Assembly District 27|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Simanowitz graduated from Queens College with a BA in Political Science. He served as former Assemblywoman Mayersohn's Chief of Staff for over 14 years. He is also a Deputy Inspector with the NYPD.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Simanowitz is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 27. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
Simanowitz's campaign site outlines several policy goals.
- "Tax incentives so small businesses can grow and create jobs"
- "More frequent gas tax holidays to save drivers money at the pump"
- "A tax reduction for middle-class families"
- "Increased funding for job-training programs"
- "The preservation of rent control laws"
Queens Public Television will air debates featuring the District 23 and District 27 candidates. The debates have already been taped and will air several times in the run-up to September 13 special election. The schedule of airings can be found here.
67-15 Parsons Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Phone: (718) 969-5711
- The Queens Courier, Assemblymember Nettie Mayersohn to retire April 1, 30 March 2011
- Michael Simanowitz, Campaign Site, "About Mike," Accessed September 1, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
|New York Assembly - District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |