|New York State Assembly District 27|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Simanowitz graduated from Queens College with a BA in Political Science. He served as former Assemblywoman Mayersohn's Chief of Staff for over 14 years. He is also a Deputy Inspector with the NYPD.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Simanowitz served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Simanowitz ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 27. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Simanowitz Incumbent||100%||24,157|
Simanowitz's campaign site outlines several policy goals.
- "Tax incentives so small businesses can grow and create jobs"
- "More frequent gas tax holidays to save drivers money at the pump"
- "A tax reduction for middle-class families"
- "Increased funding for job-training programs"
- "The preservation of rent control laws"
Queens Public Television will air debates featuring the District 23 and District 27 candidates. The debates have already been taped and will air several times in the run-up to September 13 special election. The schedule of airings can be found here.
- The Queens Courier, Assemblymember Nettie Mayersohn to retire April 1, 30 March 2011
- Michael Simanowitz, Campaign Site, "About Mike," Accessed September 1, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
|New York Assembly District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |