For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 27|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Simanowitz earned a BA in Political Science from Queens College. His professional experience includes serving as former Assemblywoman Mayersohn's Chief of Staff for over 14 years, and working as a Deputy Inspector with the NYPD.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Simanowitz served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business|
Simanowitz's campaign site highlighted several policy goals.
- "Tax incentives so small businesses can grow and create jobs"
- "More frequent gas tax holidays to save drivers money at the pump"
- "A tax reduction for middle-class families"
- "Increased funding for job-training programs"
- "The preservation of rent control laws"
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Simanowitz ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 27. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Simanowitz Incumbent||100%||24,157|
Queens Public Television will air debates featuring the District 23 and District 27 candidates. The debates have already been taped and will air several times in the run-up to September 13 special election. The schedule of airings can be found here.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2012, Simanowitz’s endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Simanowitz + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michael Simanowitz, Campaign Site, "About Mike," Accessed September 1, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- The Queens Courier, Assemblymember Nettie Mayersohn to retire April 1, 30 March 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
|New York Assembly District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |