|New York State Assembly District 27|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||September 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Simanowitz earned his B.A. in Political Science from Queens College. His professional experience includes serving as former Assemblywoman Mayersohn's Chief of Staff for over 14 years, and working as a Deputy Inspector with the NYPD.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Simanowitz served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business|
Simanowitz's campaign site highlighted several policy goals.
- "Tax incentives so small businesses can grow and create jobs"
- "More frequent gas tax holidays to save drivers money at the pump"
- "A tax reduction for middle-class families"
- "Increased funding for job-training programs"
- "The preservation of rent control laws"
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Simanowitz ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 27. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Simanowitz Incumbent||100%||24,157|
Comprehensive donor information for Michael Simanowitz is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Michael Simanowitz raised a total of $185,437 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Michael Simanowitz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 27||$148,358|
|2011||New York State Assembly special elections, District 27||$37,079|
|Grand Total Raised||$185,437|
2012Michael Simanowitz won re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Michael Simanowitz raised a total of $148,358.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Simanowitz's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Michael Simanowitz||$61,362|
|Seiu Local 6||$4,000|
|New York Hotel & Motel Trades Council||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$148,358|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Simanowitz’s endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Simanowitz + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly-Rep. Michael Simanowitz
- Michael Simanowitz, Campaign Site
- Vote Smart Biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- Michael Simanowitz, Campaign Site, "About Mike," Accessed September 1, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- The Queens Courier, Assemblymember Nettie Mayersohn to retire April 1, 30 March 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Simanowitz, Michael" Accessed September 24, 2013
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
|New York Assembly District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |