Michael L. Smith (Texas)
Texas House of Representatives, District 69
- Bachelors, Midwestern State University.
- Masters, Midwestern State University.
- Superintendent, City View Independent School District.
- Principal, City View Independent School District.
- Teacher, City View Independent School District.
- Councilor, Wichita Falls City Council, District 1, 2007-present.
Energy and the environment
- Supports legislation to lower electricity rates.
- Supports a new look at the effects of past energy deregulation.
Jobs and the economy
- Supports legislation to, "protect existing jobs, and protect Sheppard Air Force Base jobs."
- Supports, "using local 'stimulus' funds to add and attract new jobs, and be ready for state action, as needed."
- Supports legislation to lower homeowners insurance rates.
- Supports more funding for schools.
- Supports, "full funding of the current half-day four-year-old pre-kindergarten program statewide.
- Supports increased pay for retired educators and support staff.
- Supports legislation to, "improve our health outreach programs."
Cost-effective state government
- Opposes cost-cuts for any services for citizens.
Smith lost the election to the Texas House of Representatives District 69 seat in 2010. He was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and was defeated by Republican candidate Lanham Lyne in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 69 |
2010 General election results
|Lanham Lyne (R)||20,872||74.17%|
|Michael Smith (D)||7,268||25.82%|
His five largest contributors in 2010 are:
|Texas Democratic Party||$700|
Community service and involvement
- Elder, Fain Presbyterian Church.
Smith and his wife, Karen, have three children and three grandchildren.
P.O. Box 3647
Wichita Falls, Texas
- Texas Democrats YouTube Channel
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Contributions, Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Texas Tribune Profile
- Imagine Election Profile