|College Independent School Board, Place 3, 3-year term, 2013|
|Source: KBTX News, "November 2013 Election Results," accessed November 8, 2013|
Wesson was not endorsed in this campaign.
Wesson reported no contributions or expenditures to the Texas Ethics Commission.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on November 5, 2013. Those seats were for Places 3, 4 and 5. Places 3 and 5 were filled by new members and Place 4 was filled by an incumbent.
About the districtBrazos County, Texas. The county seat of Brazos County is Bryan. Brazos County is home to 194,851 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. College Station Independent School District is the 97th-largest school district in Texas, serving 10,805 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Brazos County overperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 38.7 percent of Brazos County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Brazos County was $37,638 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Brazos County was 30.0 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
|Racial Demographics, 2012|
|Race||Brazos County (%)||Texas (%)|
|Black or African American||11.3||12.4|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.7||1.0|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.8||1.8|
|Hispanic or Latino||24.5||38.4|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Wesson + College + Station + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- College Station Independent School District
- College Station Independent School District elections (2013)
- Texas Ethics Commission Search Campaign Finance Reports, accessed December 26, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Brazos County, Texas," accessed August 4, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed August 4, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.