Difference between revisions of "Michelle Brownlee"
m (Text replace - "2010 Campaign Contributions]</ref>" to "''Follow the Money,'' "2010 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 8, 2014]</ref>")
|Line 213:||Line 213:|
Brownlee and her husband, John, have children and grandchildren together.<ref>[http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=243345 Our Campaigns
Brownlee and her husband, John, have children and grandchildren together.<ref>[http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=243345 Our CampaignsBrownlee, Michelle F]</ref>
Revision as of 19:11, 9 May 2014
|Pennsylvania State House District 195|
|2011 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Brownlee has served as First Ward Chairwoman of the 29th Ward as well as a City Council member in the 29th Ward, 15th Division.
Brownlee graduated from the Berean Institute with her Paralegal certification. Her professional experience includes working in the legislative district office of Frank Oliver as a volunteer and as chief of staff.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brownlee served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children & Youth, Democratic Vice Chair|
|• Human Services|
|• Urban Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brownlee served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Children & Youth|
|• Human Services|
|• Urban Affairs|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Michelle Brownlee was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brownlee was unchallenged in the general election.
Brownlee ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 195. Brownlee defeated Michael Jones, Takkeem Morgan, and Andrew Kleeman in the Democratic primary on April 24 and was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 195, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michelle Brownlee Incumbent||100%||26,914|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 195 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michelle Brownlee Incumbent||57.9%||4,392|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 195|
|Michelle Brownlee (D)||15,336||85.7%|
|W. James Kernaghan, III (R)||2,245||12.6%|
|Warren Bloom (I)||313||1.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Michelle Brownlee is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Michelle Brownlee raised a total of $89,849 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Michelle Brownlee's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 195||$33,913|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 195||$55,936|
|Grand Total Raised||$89,849|
2012Michelle Brownlee won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Michelle Brownlee raised a total of $33,913.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michelle Brownlee's campaign in 2012|
|Friends Of Darrell Clarke||$5,000|
|Laborers District Council of the Metropolitan Area of Philadelphia & Vicinity||$5,000|
|Bob Brady for Congress||$3,000|
|Laborers District Council||$2,500|
|Electrical Workers Local 98||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,913|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Brownlee raised a total of $55,936 in campaign funds. Her top contributors were:
|Friends of Frank Oliver||$12,500|
|Citizens to Elect Dwight Evans for State Representative||$10,000|
|Laborers District Council||$5,000|
Brownlee and her husband, John, have children and grandchildren together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Michelle + Brownlee + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michelle Brownlee on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Brownlee, Michelle," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 8, 2014
- Our Campaigns, "Brownlee, Michelle F," accessed May 9, 2014
Frank Oliver, Sr. (D)
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 195
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |