|Wisconsin State Assembly District 56|
|2011 - January 3, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, 1995|
|Date of birth||09/28/1972|
|Place of birth||Saint Louis, MO|
Litjens and her husband own and operate Land Pride Properties in Oshkosh. She is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh with a degree in Political Science and Communications.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Litjens served on these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 56 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Michelle Litjens (R)||5,605||59.87%|
|Jim Pleuss (R)||2,580||27.56%|
|Jay Schroeder (R)||1,175||12.55%|
Litjens' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Spending - "Cut Spending! Wisconsin cannot spend more money than we acquire. "
- Taxes -"In Wisconsin we are being taxed more and more each year with less to show for it. Property taxes alone are the 8th highest in the country."
- Jobs/Economy - "Wisconsin must reduce the tax and regulatory burden put on businesses so they can flourish and start hiring again! "
- Life - "I believe it's a baby. It is our moral duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I am pro-life."
- 2nd Amendment - "I support allowing Concealed Carry permits in Wisconsin. We are one of only three states in the Country without that right."
- Healthcare - "We do not have a healthcare crisis, we have an affordability issue. "
- Education - "We need to reinstate local control of our schools, give school boards help in negotiating contracts to bring salaries and benefits in line with the private sector and get back to educating our children so that they can grow to become productive members of our society."
- Immigration - "Everyone is welcome in our country, they must follow the rules to get here. "
- Government - "perhaps if our representatives spent more time at home and less time dreaming up ways to spend more money, our state would be in a much better financial situation today. "
In 2010, when Litjens first won election to the State Assembly, she collected $59,631 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Taxpayers for Suder||$500|
|Wisconsin Builders Association||$500|
|Chris Hanson for Assembly||$500|
|Wisconsin Insurance Alliance||$500|
|Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin||$500|
|Wisconsin Realtors Association||$500|
|12 individual donors||$500 each|
Litjens is married and has two children.
- Michelle Litjens on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Litjens on Facebook
- Litjens on YouTube
Roger Roth, Jr.
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 56
2010 - 2013
| Succeeded by|
Dave Murphy (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |