Michigan's 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
John D. Dingell
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Heading into the election the incumbent is John D. Dingell, Jr. (D), who was first elected in 1955. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Michigan's 15th congressional district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
The 12th congressional district of Michigan held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent from the 15th district, John D. Dingell, Jr., won the election in the district.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 12 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John D. Dingell Incumbent||67.9%||216,884|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Sandy Levin won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Don Volaric (R), Leonard Schwartz (L), Les Townsend (U.S. Taxpayers), Julia Williams (G) and Alan Jacquemotte (Natural Law) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR JULY 26, 2014," accessed July 31, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 Senate Races," accessed July 31, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Michigan Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 31, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Michigan"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 23, 2011