Michigan's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
John Conyers, Jr.
John Conyers, Jr.
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Heading into the election the incumbent is John Conyers, Jr. (D), who was first elected in 1964. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Michigan's 14th congressional district.
Michigan's 13th Congressional District is located in the southeastern region of the lower peninsula of Michigan. It includes the east side of Detroit, portions of the city's near west side, the inner suburbs of River Rouge, Harper Woods, Ecorse, the downriver communities of Lincoln Park and Wyandotte, as well as the upscale Grosse Pointe suburbs. It includes Wayne county.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
August 5, 2014, primary results
The 13th congressional district of Michigan held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent from the 14th district, John Conyers, Jr. won the election in the district.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 13 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Conyers, Jr. Incumbent||82.8%||235,336|
|Republican||Harry T. Sawicki||13.6%||38,769|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Hansen Clarke won election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated John Hauler (R), Heidi Peterson (L), George Corsetti (G), Duane Montgomery (I), and James Casha (Write-In) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR JULY 26, 2014," accessed July 31, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed July 31, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Michigan Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 31, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Michigan"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 23, 2011