Michigan's 14th Congressional District elections, 2012
Candidates wishing to run are required to file by the signature filing deadline of May 15, 2012. The primary elections will be held on August 7, 2012.
The 14th district is located in the southeastern region of the lower penninsula of Michigan in Detroit's inner suburbs to the north. Democrat Hansen Clarke, who was first elected to represent the 13th district in 2010, will seek re-election in the new 14th district. Democrat John Conyers, who has represented the 14th district since 1993 and previously represented the 1st district from 1965 until 1993, will instead run in the 13th district.
- John D. Dingell: currently representing Michigan's 15th congressional district.
- No candidates have declared an intent to run yet.
Impact of Redistricting
On November 2, 2010, Levin won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Don Volaric (R),Leonard Schwartz (L), Les Townsend (U.S. Taxpayers), Julia Williams (G), and Alan Jacquemotte (Natural Law) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Michigan, 2012