Michigan's 14th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Michigan has an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Gary Peters (D), who was first elected in 2008. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Michigan's ninth congressional district.
Michigan's 14th Congressional District is located in the southeastern region of the lower penninsula of Michigan encompassing the northwest side of Detroit, the suburbs located immediately west of the city, the Downriver suburbs adjacent to the Detroit River and the enclaves of Highland Park and Hamtramck. It includes Wayne and Oakland counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Rudy Hobbs - State representative
- Steve Dunwoody
- Kelly Garrett
- Jessica McCall
- Vincent Gregory
- Brenda Lawrence
- Bert Johnson- State senator
- Maurice Morton
- Allan Levene
|U.S. House, Michigan District 14 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gary Peters Incumbent||82.3%||270,450|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, John Conyers, Jr. won election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Don Ukrainec (R), Richard J. Secula (L), and Marc J. Sosnowski (U.S. Taxpayers) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Roll Call, "Jennifer Granholm Endorses Democrat in House Race | #MI14," September 16, 2013
- The Green Papers, "MI#H14," accessed October 8, 2013
- Brenda Lawrence For Congress, accessed December 13, 2013
- Detroit News, "State Sen. Bert Johnson enters race to fill Peters' seat," accessed January 14, 2014
- Morton for Congress, "People Over Politics," accessed February 25, 2014
- Atlanta Journal Constitution, "Running for Congress, in Georgia and three other states – at the same time," accessed November 12, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Michigan"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 23, 2011