Michigan's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Cook Political Report: Lean R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Lean R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Mike Rogers (R), who was first elected in 2000.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Mike Bishop
- Bryan Barnett
- Tom McMillin
- Eric Schertzing
- Ken Darga
- Susan Grettenberger
- Jeffrey Hank
- Preston Brooks
|U.S. House, Michigan District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Rogers Incumbent||58.6%||202,217|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Mike Rogers won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Lance Enderle (D), Bhagwan Dashairya (L), Katherine Houston (Write-In), and Eric Harvey (Write-In) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Michigan, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR JULY 26, 2014," accessed July 31, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 Senate Races," accessed July 31, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Michigan Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Michigan"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 23, 2011