Michigan 1989 ballot measures
- Both measures were defeated.
- Both measures were put there through a vote of the Michigan State Legislature.
On the ballot
|Proposal A||Taxes||Increase the sales/use tax from 4 cents to 4 1/2 cents|
|Proposal B||Taxes||Increase the sales tax to 6 cents, reduce school property taxes|
- Michigan ballot measures by year, from 1914-2008
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Michigan
- Michigan campaign finance requirements
- Laws governing the initiative process in Michigan
- History of I&R in Michigan
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |