For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Michigan 2010 ballot measures
Two ballot measures are on the 2010 ballot in the state of Michigan.
The state of Michigan had two signature deadlines for the 2010 ballot: May 26, 2010 for initiated state statutes and July 5, 2010 for initiated constitutional amendments. Approximately 5 ballot initiatives were proposed for the 2010 ballot in Michigan. None were certified for the ballot.
On the ballot
|ABR||Proposal 1||Constitutional conventions||Allow the state's voters to say whether they want a constitutional convention to be held|
|Proposal 2||Law enforcement||Would bar any officeholder convicted of a felony involving deceit and fraud from holding public office for 20 years|
Not on the ballot
These measures were proposed, either by the Michigan State Legislature or via the citizen initiative process, but none of them were on the ballot. No initiative sponsors filed signatures by the state's July 5 deadline.
|CISS||Mining Restriction Measure||Environment||Implement tougher laws on mining in order to protect the Great Lakes as well as local inland lakes, rivers and the overall environment from contamination||postponed for 2012|
|CISS||Insurance Rate Reduction Initiative||Admin of gov't||Measure proposes cutting insurance premiums for good drivers by 20 percent|
|CISS||Child Custody Initiative||Admin of gov't||Requires the Circuit Court to award joint custody in a child custody dispute unless there is evidence of a parent's inability to parent|
|Casino License Amendment||Gambling||Amendment to allow the Michigan Gaming Control and Revenue Board to issue state casino licenses to up to eight new casinos|
|Casino Expansion Amendment||Gambling||Authorize casinos in Detroit, Flint, Lansing, Benton Harbor, Muskegon, Port Huron and Detroit Metropolitan Airport|
|Healthcare Amendment||Healthcare||Exempt residents of Michigan from national health care mandates|
|Budget Approval Deadline Amendment||Admin of gov't||Would dock the pay of each lawmaker for every day beyond the deadline that the budget is not passed|
|Term Limits Amendment||Term limits||Expands the number of years lawmakers can serve|
|Sales Tax Amendment||Taxes||Decrease sales tax and extend tax to other services|
|Drilling Ban Amendment||Natural resources||A constitutional ban on drilling in the Great Lakes|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2010
- Michigan voters reject constitutional convention but say yes to felon ban
- No citizen initiatives for the Michigan 2010 ballot
- Michigan's first petition drive deadline is only a day away
- Ballot proposal status page
- Initiative and Referendum Petitions from the Secretary of State
- Citizens Research Council of Michigan - Analysis of 2010 Ballot Issues
- Associated Press,"Michigan voters reject constitutional convention," November 3, 2010
- The Michigan Daily,"Michiganders vote yes on felon law, no on ConCon," November 2, 2010
- Iron County Reporter,"Voters will decide ballot issues at Nov. 2 election," October 20, 2010
- Associated Press,"Wording OK'd for 2 Michigan ballot proposals," August 23, 2010
- MLive.com - Capitol Chronicles,"Con Con could be only ballot question for voters in 2010," May 27, 2010
- WJBK FOX 2,"Michigan Statewide Proposals," May 20, 2010
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |