Michigan 2014 ballot measures
Two ballot measures are certified for 2014 ballots in Michigan. Seven potential measures, two legislative referrals and five initiated state statutes, may appear on the ballot. Topics on the ballot include: hunting and taxes.
- Since 1992, an average of four measures have appeared annually on the ballot in Michigan. Therefore, 2014 is a below average year based on the currently certified measures.
- The number of measures on a state-wide ballot since 1992 have ranged from one to six.
- Since 1992, 21 of 44 or 47.73% of Michigan ballot measures have been approved by voters.
- Conversely, 23 of 44 or 52.27% of measures have been defeated.
- On the 2012 Michigan ballot, not one of the ballot measures was approved by a majority.
On the ballot
- See also: 2014 ballot measures
|LRSS||Proposal 1||Taxes||Eliminates the personal property tax and allocates a portion of the state use tax to municipalities|
|VR||Proposal 1||Hunting||Overturns a law allowing the state to establish wolf hunting seasons in the Upper Peninsula|
|VR||Proposal 2||Hunting||Overturns law allowing the Natural Resources Commission to directly designate game species|
Seven additional ballot measures may appear on the ballot in 2014.
The two legislatively-referred constitutional amendments that may appear on the ballot must receive a two-thirds vote in both the House and Senate before they can be placed on the ballot. Neither have been voted on as of January 8, 2014.
The two initiated constitutional amendments must first be filed with the Michigan Department of State's Bureau of Elections. One has been filed and approved for circulation. Supporters must gather 322,609 signatures and submit them by July 7, 2014.
The veto referendum has been filed and approved for circulation. Supporters must gather 161,304 signatures and submit them within 90 days following the final adjournment of the legislative session at which the law was enacted.
- Michigan Statewide Ballot Proposal Statuses
- Instructions for 2014 Initiative and Referendum Petitions
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |