Difference between revisions of "Michigan attorney general election, 2014"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 16:28, 19 August 2014
August 5, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Michigan is one of 14 states that uses an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary. The attorney general and secretary of state did not appear on the primary ballot, and the gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial positions did not have contested primaries in 2014.
|Michigan Attorney General|
|Poll||Bill Schuette* (R)||Mark Totten (D)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Conservative Intel Poll|
(January 7-8, 2014)
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michigan + attorney + general + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan Attorney General
- Michigan state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Office of the Attorney General of Michigan
- U.S. Taxpayers Party of Michigan announces 2014 candidates
- Michigan Green Party announces candidates
- Michigan Libertarians nominate candidates at state convention
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Filing Requirements for Secretary of State and Attorney General: 2014 Election Cycle," accessed August 5, 2014
- The Detroit News, "Peters 'considering' run for Levin's seat as 5 GOP members drop out," March 8, 2013 (dead link)
- M Live, Mark Totten announces bid for attorney general, explains why he wants to take on Bill Schuette, June 17, 2013
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |