For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michael "Mickey" Harrington|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate District 4|
|Date of birth||September 4, 1939|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
Harrington ran in a special election for California State Senate District 4. The seat was vacant following Doug LaMalfa's (D) resignation on August 31, 2012. Harrington came in second against Jim Nielsen (R), Dan Levine (no party preference), Jann Reed (no party preference) in the blanket primary on November 6, 2012. Nielsen initially looked to have won the blanket primary outright, but final returns showed him just short of the 50 percent plus one necessary to avoid a general election. Nielsen defeated Harrington in the special election on January 8, 2013.
Harrington was a Democratic candidate for District 3 of the California State Assembly. Harrington defeated Christina R. Billeci in the June 8 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Republican Dan Logue in the November 2 general election.
|California House of Representatives, District 3 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Michael Harrington (D)||14,812|
|Christina R. Billeci (D)||13,768|
- Appeal Democrat, "Senate runoff looming," November 23, 2012
- Appeal Democrat, "New candidate enters race for 4th Senate District," September 13, 2012
- Redding Record Searchlight, "Logue, Nielsen vie to replace LaMalfa in state Senate," September 5, 2012
- California Secretary of State, "State Senate District four results," accessed November 15, 2012
- News 10, "Republican wins in special Senate election," January 9, 2013
- California House primary results
- Sacramento Bee, California Assembly General election results