Mike "Pete" Huval
|Mike "Pete" Huval|
|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 46|
|April 25, 2011-Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||April 2, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Profession||Owner, Mike Huval Insurance Companies, LLC|
Huval owns Mike Huval Insurance Companies, LLC, which has served Breaux Bridge and Opelousas since 2003. A native of St. Martin Parish, Huval has been a member of the St. Martin Parish Council since 1995, serving as Vice President and Chairman during his tenure. He is an executive board member of the Louisiana Police Jury Association. He is also a member of the National Agricultural and Rural Affairs Steering Committee and former Chairman of the Louisiana Police Jury Governmental Affairs Committee. In addition, he has served as President of the Breaux Bridge Area Chamber of Commerce and past President of the St. Martinville Rotary. Huval is also a member of the board for the St. Martin Association for Retarded Citizens, the Acadiana Rural Community & Development, and Hearts of Hope for Abused Women and Children. Huval is married to his wife Vickie. They have one child.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Huval served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Huval served on the following committees:
On his special election campaign site, Huval details he campaign themes and policy goals"
- “We are fortunate to have so many valuable assets to contribute to the growth of the Acadiana area. From our beautiful waterways, scenic highways, unending business opportunities and of course the great hospitality of our culture…I will use my experience in working with the people to keep District 46 working and growing...You can expect me to work hard to improve the economy of our District and do whatever possible to add the jobs that we so badly need...Nobody wants or needs more or higher taxes, but most importantly we all need to have a commitment to making sure that those hard-earned dollars are spent properly...I will fight to assure that our state is run like a business and most importantly, your business. The people have spoken, and they are no longer sitting back hoping everything will work out…I hear their message and I want to be their representative in Baton Rouge.”
On October 22, 2011, Huval won re-election to District 61 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary election, assuring his re-election.
|Louisiana House of Representatives Special Election, District 46 (2011)|
|Mike "Pete" Huval (R)||4,338|
|Craig Prosper (R)||3,144|
In 2011, Huval received $68,188 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike "Pete" Huval's campaign in 2011|
|Huval, Mike (Pete)||$9,506|
|Mike Huval Insurance Agency||$8,294|
|Louisiana Association Of Business & Industry||$5,000|
|Courtesy Ford Lincoln Courtesy Ford Lincoln||$2,500|
|Bobby Jindal Campaign Cmte||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$68,188|
- Campaign website
- Louisiana House of Representatives - Rep. Mike Huval
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- The Independent Weekly, "Mike Huval sworn in at Capitol," April 26, 2011
- Eunice Today, "Huval wins St. Martin House race" April 3, 2011
- Campaign Site, "Who is Mike "Pete" Huval?"
- Campaign Site, "Why Vote Huval?"
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "April 2, 2011 special election results," accessed August 24, 2011
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |