For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Higher Education Administrator/Instructor|
He is a higher education administrator/instructor.
Burris did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Advanced Communications and Information Technology Committee, Arkansas House
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Administrative Rules and Regulations (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Game and Fish/State Police
- Subcommittee on Health Services
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism
- Subcommittee on State Agencies
Burris's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1804 - "TO REQUIRE A WATER SYSTEM OPERATOR TO OBTAIN CERTAIN INFORMATION BEFORE INJECTING A CHEMICAL ADDITIVE FOR THE PREVENTION OF DISEASE INTO A WATER SYSTEM AND TO PROVIDE FOR THE ENFORCEMENT OF CERTAIN DUTIES."
- HB 2014 - "TO REQUIRE DISCLOSURES OF CONTRACTS BETWEEN STATE-SUPPORTED INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND EMPLOYEES HAVING A FINANCIAL INTEREST."
- HB 2033 - "TO CREATE A TASK FORCE ON WATER QUALITY."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Burris was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Burris raised $24,803 for his campaign.
Below are Burris's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Merck & Co||$1,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Mike Burris
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|Arkansas House District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|