|Arkansas House of Representatives District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Higher Education Administrator/Instructor|
He is a higher education administrator/instructor.
Burris did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Advanced Communications and Information Technology Committee, Arkansas House
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Administrative Rules and Regulations (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Game and Fish/State Police
- Subcommittee on Health Services
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism
- Subcommittee on State Agencies
Burris's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1804 - "TO REQUIRE A WATER SYSTEM OPERATOR TO OBTAIN CERTAIN INFORMATION BEFORE INJECTING A CHEMICAL ADDITIVE FOR THE PREVENTION OF DISEASE INTO A WATER SYSTEM AND TO PROVIDE FOR THE ENFORCEMENT OF CERTAIN DUTIES."
- HB 2014 - "TO REQUIRE DISCLOSURES OF CONTRACTS BETWEEN STATE-SUPPORTED INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND EMPLOYEES HAVING A FINANCIAL INTEREST."
- HB 2033 - "TO CREATE A TASK FORCE ON WATER QUALITY."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Burris was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Burris raised $24,803 for his campaign.
Below are Burris's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Merck & Co||$1,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Mike Burris
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|Arkansas House District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|