Mike Cone recall, Baraboo, Wisconsin, 2009
A vote to recall Alderman Mike Cone took place on September 22, 2009 in Sauk County for voters in the 4th Alderman District in Baraboo, Wisconsin.Cone was an alderman in Baraboo, Wisconsin, representing the city's 4th aldermanic district (also known as Ward 6).
The recall was approved. Peter Chambas will be taking Cone's seat as Alderman for the 4th district.
Ninety voters signed a recall petition asking that Cone be removed from office. Peter Chambas, a resident of Aldermanic District 4, is a leader of the recall effort. Cone has been convicted of stealing cigars from a Baraboo store. Following this criminal incident, the mayor and Cone's fellow city council members have refused to allow him to sit in on any of the city council's working committees.
Cone has held his seat on the city council for nine years. In the spring 2008 election, he won re-election over a political newcomer by a one-vote margin.
In the recall election Cone faced only one challenger - Peter Chambas - for the seat of District 4 Alderman.
- Baraboo News Republic, "Recall vote looms as the end for Cone", August 16, 2009
- Baraboo News Republic, "Alderman Cone likely to face recall vote"
- Baraboo News Republic, "Cone recall vote is set for Sept. 22"
- Baraboo News Republic,"Chambas takes seat: Cone ousted by 65-18 vote in District 4," retrieved September 24, 2009
- Barbaroo News Republic,"Chambas is only challenger for Cone," retrieved August 30,2009