For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois State Senate District 52|
|2006 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Yale University (1995)|
|Date of birth||July 28, 1973|
|Place of birth||Gifford, Illinois|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Frerichs has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Pension Reforms
- Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Frerichs served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Chairman
- Higher Education Vice-Chairman
- Licensed Activities.
On December 1, 2010, the Illinois Senate voted 31-20 in favor of a plan that allows for five additional casinos and electronic gaming at horse track facilities, increasing the number of licenses for casinos in the state to 15.
Under the plan, new casinos would operate in Chicago, southern Cook County, Danville, Rockford and Waukegan.
"Is it a huge expansion? Yes, I'm not going to deny it. But we have a huge deficit in the state of Illinois, we have got huge problems in the state of Illinois, so you don't look at little things to fix it, you look at big things to fix it," said the bill's sponsor, Sen. Terry Link, D-Waukegan.
Lawmakers like Frerichs would prefer another way to increase revenue. Frerichs said he'd like to see General Motors return to Danville, but that isn't happening.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Frerichs won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 52. Frerichs was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated John Christian Bambenek (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mike Frerichs Incumbent||64.8%||48,493|
|Republican||John Christian Bambenek||35.2%||26,310|
Mike Frerichs's campaign website lists the following endorsements:
- Scott Eisenhauer, Republican and Mayor of Danville
- Laurel Prussing, Democrat and Mayor of Urbana
- Dave Lucas, Republican and Mayor of Homer
- Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois
- Illinois AFL-CIO
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 52 (2010)|
|Mike Frerichs (D)||32,583||61.44%|
|Al Reynolds (R)||20,450||38.56%|
On November 7, 2006, Democrat Mike Frerichs won re-election to the Illinois State Senate District 52 receiving 27,149 votes, ahead of Republican Judith Myers (26,607 votes), and Socialist Joseph Parnarauskis (1,894 votes).
|Illinois State Senate, District 52 (2006)|
|Mike Frerichs (D)||27,149|
|Judith Myers (R)||26,607|
|Joseph Parnarauskis (S)||1,894|
In 2010, Frerichs received $413,664 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Frerichs's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$23,217|
|Illinois Education Association||$20,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$9,633|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$8,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$413,664|
In 2006, Frerichs collected $177,521 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$7,000|
|Southern & Central Illinois Laborers District Council||$6,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$5,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,500|
|Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois||$4,150|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$4,000|
|Ironworkers Local 380||$3,761|
|Illinois Pipe Trades||$3,500|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$3,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 149||$3,050|
|Triple R Development LLC||$3,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,750|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$2,500|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Frerichs + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Frerichs represents Illinois Senate District 52. District 52 includes the Champaign-Urbana Area and the University of Illinois.
Mike is married to Laura Frerichs and reside in Gifford, Illinois.
- Mike Frerichs' campaign website
- Sen. Frerichs' personal website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000, 1998
- Sen. Frerichs on State Surge
- Mike Frerichs on Facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- "Senate OKs new gaming rules in Illinois," Illinois Statehouse News, December 1, 2010
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Mike Frerichs, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Frerichs Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 52
| Succeeded by|