For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Mike Jones, Jr. (Alabama)
|Mike Jones, Jr.|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 92|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor Pro Tempore, City of Andalusia|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham Southern University|
|J.D.||University of Alabama|
Jones graduated from Anadalusia High School in 1985. He went on to graduate from LBW State Junior College in 1987. He then graduated from Birmingham Southern College in 1989 and, in 1992, he graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law. Jones served as a councilman for the city of Andalusia from 2000 to 2008. He was also mayor pro tem from 2004 to 2008. He has served as Andalusia Municipal Judge since 2008. Jones is currently an attorney with the law office of Michael L. Jones, Jr.
Jones served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Resolutions
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Utilities
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Mike Jones, Jr. was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 92 General Election (2010)|
|Mike Jones, Jr. (R)||6,820|
|Don Cotton (I)||3,180|
|David S. Darby (D)||3,086|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 92 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Mike Jones, Jr. (R)||3,569|
|Greg White (R)||2,070|
In 2010, Jones raised $188,734 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$43,484|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$32,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$11,000|
|Jones Sr, Michael L||$6,010|
Jones and his wife, Kathy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Jones + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama GOP primary results
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012
|Alabama House District 92
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|