|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 93|
|Years in position||39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||December 20, 1951|
|Place of birth||Memphis, TN|
Kernell attended the University of Memphis.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kernell served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kernell served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism
- Subcommittee on Wildlife
- Government Operations Committee, Tennessee House, Vice Chair
Kernell ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 93. Kernell was defeated by incumbent Goffrey A. Hardaway in the August 2 primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 93 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|G.A. Hardaway Incumbent||61%||2,927|
|Mike Kernell Incumbent||39%||1,875|
Kernell raised $19,566 for his campaign while Cook raised $3,839. 
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 93 (2008)|
|Mike Kernell (D)||12,363|
|Tim Cook (R)||6,550|
In 2010, Kernell received $12,695 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Kernell's campaign in 2010|
|United Association Of Journeymen And Apprentices Of The Plumbing And Pipe Fitting Industry Of The United States And Canada||$3,000|
|Tennessee Education Association||$1,500|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$1,500|
|Tennessee Association Of Realtors||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$12,695|
Kernell raised $19,566 in the 2008 elections cycle.
His major contributors are listed below. 
|Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of Tennessee||$1,500|
|Memphis Education Association||$1,250|
|Charles Curtis Campaign Fund||$1,000|
|Tennessee Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Tennessee Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Steamfitters Local 614||$1,000|
|Gary Odom Legislative Committee||$1,000|
Kernell is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Kernell + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 93
- District 93 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|
Goffrey A. Hardaway (D)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |