Difference between revisions of "Mike May, Colorado Representative"
m (Text replace - '==Committee membership==' to '==Committee assignments==')
m (Text replace - "The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote" to "The test informs voters how a candidate would vote")
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
May did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test
May did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.<Ref>[http://votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=30009 Project Vote Smart - Rep. May ''Issue Positions'']</ref>
Revision as of 11:58, 7 February 2014
|Colorado House of Representatives District 44|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
May is a retired Certified Public Accountant. He has also worked as a businessman, in hotel development and operations, and served in the United States Army from 1972-1975.
May did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Require that petition drive management companies who hire paid circulators go through a licensing process.
- Circulators would be required to go through a government-sponsored training procedure before they would be allowed to collect signatures legally.
May's other sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1195 - Private School Tuition Income Tax Credit
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
May was ineligible to run for re-election to the 44th District seat due to the term limits of the Colorado House of Representatives.
May raised $32,775 for his campaign, while Tokerud raised $2,447.
|Colorado State House, District 44 (2008)|
|Mike May (R)||32,798|
|Shelly Tokerud (D)||18,200|
Below are May's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$4,250|
|Advocates for Good Government||$500|
|Black Hills Corp||$400|
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mike May on Facebook
|Colorado House District 44
| Succeeded by|