Difference between revisions of "Mike May, Colorado Representative"
m (Text replace - "Project Vote Smart bio]" to "Biography from Project Vote Smart]")
m (Text replace - "y'' "" to "y'', "")
|(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
On November 4, 2008, May won re-election to the 44th District seat in the [[Colorado House of Representatives]], defeating opponent Shelly Tokerud (D).<ref>[http://www.elections.colorado.gov/Content/Documents/2008_Abstract.pdf 2008
On November 4, 2008, May won re-election to the 44th District seat in the [[Colorado House of Representatives]], defeating opponent Shelly Tokerud (D).<ref>[http://www.elections.colorado.gov/Content/Documents/2008_Abstract.pdf 2008 election results,]</ref>
May raised $32,775 for his campaign, while Tokerud raised $2,447.<
May raised $32,775 for his campaign, while Tokerud raised $2,447.<>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_candidates.phtml?s=CO&y=2008&f=H&so=O#sorttable , 2008 ]</ref>
Revision as of 07:06, 2 May 2014
|Colorado House of Representatives District 44|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
May is a retired Certified Public Accountant. He has also worked as a businessman, in hotel development and operations, and served in the United States Army from 1972-1975.
May did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Require that petition drive management companies who hire paid circulators go through a licensing process.
- Circulators would be required to go through a government-sponsored training procedure before they would be allowed to collect signatures legally.
May's other sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1195 - Private School Tuition Income Tax Credit
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
May was ineligible to run for re-election to the 44th District seat due to the term limits of the Colorado House of Representatives.
May raised $32,775 for his campaign, while Tokerud raised $2,447.
|Colorado State House, District 44 (2008)|
|Mike May (R)||32,798|
|Shelly Tokerud (D)||18,200|
Below are May's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$4,250|
|Advocates for Good Government||$500|
|Black Hills Corp||$400|
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mike May on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. May
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. May Issue Positions
- Speaker Carroll aims to end ballot fraud, March 24, 2009
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 44
| Succeeded by|