Mike May, Colorado Representative
|Colorado House of Representatives District 44|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
May is a retired Certified Public Accountant. He has also worked as a businessman, in hotel development and operations, and served in the United States Army from 1972-1975.
May did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Require that petition drive management companies who hire paid circulators go through a licensing process.
- Circulators would be required to go through a government-sponsored training procedure before they would be allowed to collect signatures legally.
May's other sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1195 - Private School Tuition Income Tax Credit
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
May was ineligible to run for re-election to the 44th District seat due to the term limits of the Colorado House of Representatives.
May raised $32,775 for his campaign, while Tokerud raised $2,447.
|Colorado State House, District 44 (2008)|
|Mike May (R)||32,798|
|Shelly Tokerud (D)||18,200|
Below are May's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$4,250|
|Advocates for Good Government||$500|
|Black Hills Corp||$400|
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mike May on Facebook
|Colorado House District 44
| Succeeded by|