|U.S. House, Illinois, District 5|
|April 7, 2009-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Cook County Board of Commissioners|
|High school||Glenbard North High School (1971)|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
|J.D.||Loyola University Chicago School of Law|
|Date of birth||October 17, 1958|
|Place of birth||Indianapolis, Indiana|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Personal
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Quigley did his undergraduate work at Roosevelt University, earned a master’s degree in public policy from the University of Chicago, and a law degree from the Loyola University School of Law, all in Chicago. He also served as an adjunct professor of political science at Loyola University Chicago and Roosevelt University, lecturing on politics, the environment and local government. He was a practicing lawyer for almost twenty years.
- 1998-2009: Cook County Board of Commissioners
- 2009-Present: United States House of Representatives, Illinois' 5th Congressional District
U.S. House of Representatives
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Judiciary 
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security
- Subcommittee on the Constitution
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Subcommittee on TARP, Financial Services and Bailouts of Public and Private Programs (Ranking Member)
- Subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations
Quigley is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinos' 5th District. Quigley is seeking the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012.
|Mike Quigley (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Pre-Primary||March 8, 2012||$509,684.82||$67,854.82||$(33,118.80)||$544,420.84|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$54,420.84||$47,560.00||$(70,728.47)||$521,252.37|
Quigley won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Quigley's campaign committee raised a total of $1,301,374 and spent $1,087,121 .
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois' 5th Congressional District, 2010 - Mike Quigley Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$64,276|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$64,276|
|Top contributors to Mike Quigley's campaign committee|
|Clifford Law Offices||$35,200|
|American Assn for Justice||$20,000|
|Development Specialists Inc||$19,000|
|United Auto Workers||$19,000|
|Service Employees International Union||$15,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$61,450|
|Public Sector Unions||$54,500|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Quigley paid his congressional staff a total of $1,111,255 in 2011. He ranks 147th on the list of the lowest paid Democratic Representative Staff Salaries and he ranks 55th overall of the highest paid Representative Staff Salaries in 2011. Overall, Illinois ranks 46th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Quigley's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $-34,998 and $119,998. That averages to $42,500, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic Representatives in 2010 of $4,465,875.
Percentage voting with party
Mike Quigley voted with the Democratic Party 90 of the time, which ranked 147 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Quigley lives with his wife Barbara, daughters Alyson and Meghan, and two dogs in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood where he has lived since 1982.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- ABC News 7 "Election Results Primary 2012" Accessed March 20, 2012
- Gov Track "Quigley" Accessed May 23, 2012
- Congressman Mike Quigley "About Mike" Accessed November 1st, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- FEC Reports "Mike Quigley Summary Reports" Accessed July 7, 2012
- FEC Reports "Pre-Primary Reports" Accessed July 7, 2012
- FEC Reports "April Quarterly" Accessed July 7, 2012
- Open Secrets "Mike Quigley 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 1, 2011
- LegiStorm "Mike Quigley"
- OpenSecrets.org, "Quigley, (D-Illinois), 2010"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- Mike Quigley-Democrat, Illinois 5th Congressional District "About Mike" Accessed November 1st, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Illinois' District 5
| Succeeded by|