Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 93|
|2007 - 2011|
|January 7, 2013|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Place of birth||Yonkers, NY|
Spano's other political experience is as a legislator with the Westchester Board of Legislators. His professional experiences include serving on the board of directors of Leake and Watts Children's Services; working as an account representative for Valley Oil Company; and serving in the New York Guard.
Spano attended Manhattan College. He and his wife, Mary, have three children; Michael Junior, Alexandra, and Christopher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Spano was appointed to the following committees:
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Spano served on the following committees:
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Spano ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Mike Ramondelli (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Democratic Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Conservative Party and the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 93 2010|
|Mike Spano (D)||17,900|
|Mike Ramondelli (R)||12,536|
On November 4, 2008 Spano won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 93, defeating opponent James Faulkner (R).
Spano raised $136,519 for his campaign while Faulkner raised $3,290.
|New York State Assembly, District 93 2008|
|Mike Spano (R)||33,650|
|James Faulkner (R)||12,043|
In the 2008 election, Spano raised a total of $136,519.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Fire Fighters Local 628||$5,000|
|Police Association of Yonkers||$4,500|
|Tano Contracting Corp||$3,800|
|New York State Public Employees Federation||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Mike Spano
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 2000, 1998
- LoHud.com, "Assembly special election: 4 Democrats, 3 Republicans interested in seat Spano vacated," January 12, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Spano
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |