Minnesota's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 12, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Keith Ellison (D), who was first elected in 2006.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Failed to file
|U.S. House, Minnesota District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Keith Ellison Incumbent||74.5%||262,102|
|Source: Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Keith Ellison won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Joel Demos (R), Lynne Torgerson (I), Tom Schrunk (I), and Michael James Cavlan (Independent Progressive) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Minnesota, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Minnesota Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 11, 2014
- ABC News, "General Election Results 2012-Minnesota," November 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 10, 2011