Minnesota's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 12, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Keith Ellison (D), who was first elected in 2006.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
August 12, 2014, primary results
Failed to file
|U.S. House, Minnesota District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Keith Ellison Incumbent||74.5%||262,102|
|Source: Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Keith Ellison won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Joel Demos (R), Lynne Torgerson (I), Tom Schrunk (I), and Michael James Cavlan (Independent Progressive) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Minnesota, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Minnesota Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 11, 2014
- ABC News, "General Election Results 2012-Minnesota," November 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 10, 2011