Difference between revisions of "Minnesota's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 08:21, 1 October 2013
November 4, 2014
August 12, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates
August 12, 2014, primary results
Withdrew from race
Failed to file
Integrity Exteriors and Remodelers
Tom Emmer has taken a significant amount of criticism for his appearance in an ad for Integrity Exteriors and Remodelers, Inc, a home remodeling company that he endorses after announcing that he's "running for Congress in Minnesota's 6th congressional district," while standing in front of an "Emmer for Congress" sign.
The ad raises questions about possible campaign finance issues, depending mainly on who paid for the ad. If the company paid for the ad, corporations are forbidden from donating directly to campaigns, so it may end up being a campaign finance violation.
Emmer's campaign claims they have asked Integrity to stop running the commercial because "[i]t was not Tom's intention for this testimonial to be used in a broadcast capacity or advertisement for the campaign."
The 6th congressional district of Minnesota held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Michele Bachmann (R) defeated Jim Graves (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Minnesota District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michele Bachmann Incumbent||50.5%||179,240|
|Source: Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election" (dead link)|
On November 2, 2010, Michele Bachmann won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. She defeated Tarryl Clark (D), Aubrey Immelman (I), Bob Anderson (I), and Dennis S. Ferche (I) in the general election.
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/michele-bachmann-not-running-again-91972.html?hp=t1_3 Politico "Michele Bachmann not running again" Accessed May 29, 2013]
- Minnesota Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 30, 2012
- Campaign website, "About," accessed June 10, 2013
- Rollcall.com, "Second Republican Announces Bid for Bachmann Seat," accessed June 14, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 11, 2014
- Campaign website, "About," accessed November 11, 2013
- Inform.com, "Krinkie joins 6th District GOP House race in Minnesota," accessed July 20, 2013 (dead link)
- Atlanta Journal Constitution, "Running for Congress, in Georgia and three other states – at the same time," accessed November 12, 2013
- Politico, "Green activist Judy Adams to run for Bachmann seat," accessed June 14, 2013
- Bluestem Prairie, "Tom Emmer shills for Integrity Exteriors and Remodelers as a candidate running for congress," accessed October 1, 2013
- Daily Kos, "Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Would-be Bachmann successor brings his own bizarro to the race," accessed October 1, 2013
- ABC News, "General Election Results 2012-Minnesota," November 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 11, 2011
- United States House of Representatives elections in Minnesota, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014