For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Minnesota Commissioner of Natural Resources
|Minnesota Commissioner of Natural Resources|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Minnesota Statutes 15.06|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor|
|Other Minnesota Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Utilities Commission|
The office holds authority over public lands and waters, state parks and forests, timber, mineral resources, recreational trails, and wildlife of the state, and their use, sale, leasing, or other disposition.
Per 15.06 of the Minnesota Statutes, the governor appoints the Commissioner of Natural Resources with the consent of the Senate. The commissioner serves at the pleasure of the governor. His or her term expires at the end of the governor's term or if the governor vacates office.
The commissioner has authority over public lands and waters, state parks and forests, timber, mineral resources, recreational trails, and wildlife of the state, and their use, sale, leasing, or other disposition.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
500 Lafayette Road
Saint Paul, MN 55155-4040
Toll Free: 888-646-6367
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, "Commissioner," accessed October 1, 2011
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources "About DNR" Accessed December 20, 2012
- Minnesota Statutes, "15.06 APPOINTMENT OF DEPARTMENT HEADS; TERMS; DEPUTIES," accessed October 1, 2011
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 21, 2011