For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Minnesota Medical Marijuana Amendment (2010)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
After Gov. Tim Pawlenty vetoed a bill passed by the Minnesota State Legislature that would have permitted the legal sale of marijuana for some medical purposes, backers of medical marijuana said their next step is to fight to have the state legislature vote to put a constitutional amendment to the Minnesota Constitution on the November 2010 ballot. However, at the end of the legislative session on May 17, 2010 lawmakers had not approved the proposed measure for 2010 statewide ballot.
Path to the ballot
Proposed amendments must be agreed to by a majority of the members of each chamber of the Minnesota State Legislature. At the end of the legislative session, on May 17, 2010 lawmakers failed to approved the proposed amendment for the 2010 ballot.
Marijuana in 2010
- Category:Certified, marijuana, 2010
- Category:Marijuana, Wisconsin, 2010
- South Dakota Medical Marijuana, Initiative 13 (2010)
- Minnesota Public Radio,"What didn't happen in the 2010 legislative session," May 17, 2010
- World Magazine,"2010 Preview: Ballot initiatives are a way for citizens to settle an issue directly without state legislatures," January 16, 2010
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws,"2010 Will Be Even Better Than 2009 For Marijuana Advocates," December 13, 2009
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |