Minnesota signature requirements
Partisan candidates for Senate must pay a filing fee of $400 and an affidavit of candidacy. In lieu of the filing fee, candidates may submit nominating petitions with 2,000 signatures for Senate.
Statewide executive offices
Partisan candidates for State Senate and State House must pay a filing fee of $100 and an affidavit of candidacy. In lieu of the filing fee, candidates may submit nominating petitions with 500 signatures for State Senate or State House.
- See also: Minnesota 2012 ballot measures
|Laws • History|
|List of measures|
- legislatively-referred constitutional amendment - A constitutional amendment that appears on a state's ballot as a ballot measure because the state legislature in that state voted to put it before the voters.
- State executive official elections, 2012
- Signature requirements and deadlines for 2012 U.S. Congress elections
- Signature requirements and deadlines for 2012 state legislative elections
- Statewide elections, 2012
- 2012 election dates
- Election result resources
- Voter guides
- State Blue Books
- Minnesota Secretary of State "Filing Fees" Accessed April 25, 2012
- [www.sos.state.mn.us/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=4262 Minnesota Secretary of State "Major party candidates guide" Accessed April 25, 2012]
- [www.sos.state.mn.us/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=4263 Minnesota Secretary of State "Independent Candidate Guide" Accessed April 25, 2012]