|Governor of Texas|
|Date of birth||May 9, 1972|
|Place of birth||Reynosa, Mexico|
Martinez owns a small media company and formerly worked for Univision. She has described herself as "your Hispanic Margaret Thatcher. Half Eva Perón and a little touch of Madonna.”
- See also: Texas gubernatorial election, 2014
On her campaign website Martinez outlines two major issues. Here are excerpts:
- Immigration reform: "Texas should not help force undocumented immigrants to hide within our borders due to failing national immigration policy, but should help them become naturalized citizens, Texans’ and taxpayers through a comprehensive partnership with the U.S. Congress to pass immigration reform."
- Second Amendment: "Don’t Tread on the Second Amendment. Federal government should look to enforce current gun laws and not add additional sanctions against responsible gun ownership."
Martinez ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 41. Martinez defeated Armando Vera in the May 29 Republican primary election and was defeated by Robert Guerra (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Miriam Martinez" + Governor + Texas
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Valley Morning Star, "Miriam Martinez says she’ll run for governor," January 22, 2013
- The Monitor, "Miriam Martinez says she'll run for governor," January 22, 2013
- Miriam for Texas, " Immigration reform," Accessed April 26, 2013
- Miriam for Texas, "Second Amendment," Accessed April 26, 2013
- Texas Democratic Party - Democratic Primary Candidates
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |