Mississippi's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Mississippi is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they must intend to support the party nominations if they vote in the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Bennie Thompson (D), who was first elected in 1993.
Mississippi's 2nd Congressional District is located in the western portion of the state and includes Jefferson, Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, Warren, Issaquena, Sharkey, Yazoo, Madison, Leake, Attala, Washington, Humphreys, Sunflower, Bolivar, Leflore, Carroll, Montgomery, Grenada, Yalobusha, Panola, Tallahatchie, Quitman, Coahoma, Panola and Tunica counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Mississippi, District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bennie Thompson Incumbent||67.1%||214,978|
|Source: Mississippi Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Mississippi, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- Mississippi Election Code, "Section 23-15-575," accessed January 3, 2014
- Mississippi Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 30, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Mississippi"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 3, 2011