For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Mississippi is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they must intend to support the party nominations if they vote in the primary election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Gregg Harper (R), who was first elected in 2008.
Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District is located in the eastern portion of the state and includes Oktibbeha, Noxubee, Kemper, Neshoba, Lauderdale, Newton, Scott, Rankin, Madison, Simpson, Smith, Lauderdale, Clarke, Jasper, Covington, Jefferson Davis, Lawrence, Lincoln, Walthall, Pike, Amite, Franklin, Wilkinson and Adams counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24 Democratic runoff primary
- Note: No candidate secured more than 50 percent of the vote in the June 3, 2014, primary election. A runoff primary election was held between the top two candidates.
June 3, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Mississippi District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gregg Harper Incumbent||80%||234,717|
|Reform||John Luke Pannell||20%||58,605|
|Source: Mississippi Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Mississippi, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- Mississippi Election Code, "Section 23-15-575," accessed January 3, 2014
- Mississippi Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 30, 2012
- Associated Press, "Mississippi - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- The Washington Times, "Magee, Quinn to Democratic runoff in 3rd District," accessed June 3, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Mississippi"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 3, 2011