Difference between revisions of "Mississippi Cigarette Tax Amendment (2010)"

From Ballotpedia
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - 'will not appear on the [[' to 'did not appear on the [[')
m (Text replace - " the the " to " the ")
Line 1: Line 1:
{{noms2010}}{{tnr}}{{MSConstitution}}'''Mississippi Cigarette Tax Amendment, also known as Initiative Measure 25,''' did not appear on the [[Mississippi 2010 ballot measures|November 2, 2010]] ballot in [[Mississippi]] because the the initiative was '''withdrawn.'''
+
{{noms2010}}{{tnr}}{{MSConstitution}}'''Mississippi Cigarette Tax Amendment, also known as Initiative Measure 25,''' did not appear on the [[Mississippi 2010 ballot measures|November 2, 2010]] ballot in [[Mississippi]] because the initiative was '''withdrawn.'''
  
 
==Ballot details==
 
==Ballot details==

Revision as of 19:05, 7 February 2014

Not on Ballot
Proposed allot measures that were not on a ballot
This measure did not or
will not appear on a ballot
Mississippi Constitution
Seal of Mississippi.jpg
Preamble
Articles
123456789101112131415
Mississippi Cigarette Tax Amendment, also known as Initiative Measure 25, did not appear on the November 2, 2010 ballot in Mississippi because the initiative was withdrawn.

Ballot details

Ballot title

Should cigarettes be additionally taxed at fifty percent (50%) of the national cigarette tax average with proceeds earmarked for Medicaid?

Ballot summary

According to the Secretary of State, below is the ballot summary:

Initiative #25 would amend the Mississippi Constitution to require a new tax to be levied on cigarettes equal to fifty percent (50%) of the National Cigarette State- Tax Average rate which shall be in addition to all other applicable taxes on cigarettes. Ninety- eight percent (98%) of the proceeds of the new cigarette tax shall be distributed to the state Division of Medicaid and the remaining two percent (2%) used for administrative purposes.[1]

See also

External links

References