Missouri's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Emanuel Cleaver (D), who was first elected in 2004.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates:
August 5, 2014, primary results:
Withdrew prior to primary
|U.S. House, Missouri District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Emanuel Cleaver Incumbent||60.5%||200,290|
|Source: Missouri Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Emanuel Cleaver was re-elected to the United States House for a sixth term. He defeated Jacob Turk (R), Randall D. "Randy" Langkraehr (Libertarian) and Dave Lay (Constitution).
- United States House of Representatives elections in Missouri, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Missouri Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 29, 2012
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List," accessed August 4, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Removed Candidates," accessed August 4, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Missouri"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"