Missouri's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Billy Long (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Missouri's 7th Congressional District is located in the southwestern portion of the state and includes Polk, Greene, Jasper, Newton, McDonald, Lawrence, Barry, Stone, Christian, Taney and Webster counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
General election candidates:
August 5, 2014, primary results:
Withdrew prior to filing
|U.S. House, Missouri District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Billy Long Incumbent||63.9%||203,565|
|Write-in||Kenneth Joe Brown||0%||9|
|Source: Missouri Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Missouri, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Missouri Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 29, 2012
- Associated Press, "Missouri- Summary Vote Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List," accessed August 4, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Missouri"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"