Missouri 1998 ballot measures
Revision as of 09:55, 6 August 2008 by Rosaline
Measures that appeared on the Missouri ballot in 1998 were:
- Missouri Amendment 1 (1998), changing the deadline for submitting initiative petitions from four months prior to the election to six months prior, passed with 57.7%.
- Missouri Amendment 2 (1998), allowing school board to set operating levy no higher than $2.75 without a vote, passed with 58.8%.
- Missouri Amendment 5 (1998), directs the state treasurer to prepare a written investment policy for state funds, passed with 75.7%.
- Missouri Amendment 6 (1998), allowing financing of municipal or joint sewer improvement project by issuance of revenue bonds, passed with 71.2%.
- Missouri Amendment 7 (1998), authorizing the State to issue bonds to fund distributions by the Missouri Clean Water Commission, passed wiht 64.8%.
- Missouri Amendment 8 (1998), permitting organizations recognized as charitable or religious under federal law to sponsor raffles and sweepstakes, passed with 61.3%.
- Missouri Amendment 9 (1998), permitting gambling boats in moats on the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, passed wiht 55.5%.
- Missouri Proposition A (1998), makes it a Class D felony to bait or fight animals, passed 62.6%.