For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Missouri 2008 ballot measures
- Three were initiated state statutes, while two were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- By way of comparison, six ballot measures were on the 2006 ballot in Missouri--three initiatives and three legislative referrals.
- Since 1910, when the first initiative graced a Missouri ballot, seventy-five ballot initiatives have appeared on the Missouri ballot. 29 have passed, and 46 have failed, for a pass-fail ratio of 38.6%.
For information on other citizen initiatives that attempted but failed to make the ballot, see Missouri 2008 citizen initiatives.
|Amendment 1||English||Establishes English as the official language of all governmental meetings where policy is discussed or decided.|
|Amendment 4||Water||Amends constitution relating to storm water control finance provisions|
|CISS||Proposition A||Gambling||Provides new revenues for schools by increasing the state tax on casinos to 21% and eliminating Missouri's current $500 loss limit for individual gambling losses|
|CISS||Proposition B||Healthcare||Creates a Missouri Quality Homecare Council for recruiting, training, and stabilizing the home care workforce|
|CISS||Proposition C||Energy||Requires utility companies to use an increased amount of renewable energy|
Not on the ballot
Filed signatures but failed to make ballot
|Eminent Domain Initiative Amendment to Article I||Eminent Domain||Prohibit the government from taking private property, via eminent domain, for private use||Lawsuit filed but withdrawn|
|Eminent Domain Initiative Amendment to Article VI||Eminent Domain||Prohibit the use of eminent domain to acquire and resell property found to be blighted, substandard, or unsanitary||Lawsuit filed but withdrawn|
To see all citizen initiatives proposed for 2008, including ones that failed to make the ballot, see Missouri 2008 citizen initiatives.
Failed legislative referrals
|Missouri Voter ID Amendment (2008)||Voter requirement||Requires voters to have a valid photo ID||Never voted on by the Senate before session ended for the year. Will not appear on ballot.|
|Judicial Taxation Ban||Tax reform||Prohibits judges from raising, restricting or imposing taxes||Approved in the House|
- Missouri state web site: 2008 ballot measures approved for circulation
- Missouri Voter Guide: initiative petion & ballot question info
- Bolivar Herald-Free Press,"Five statewide issues will be on November 4 ballot," October 8, 2008
- Joplin Independent,"Missouri ballot issues defined," October 8, 2008
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |