|South Dakota House District 8|
|2009 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Fargen is Membership Director of the South Dakota Farmers Union.
Fargen joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 8th District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fargen served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Energy Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- State Affairs Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fargen served on the following committees:
Fargen ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 15. Fargen was defeated by Karen L. Soli and incumbent Patrick Kirschman ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5. No Republican candidates filed for election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Jenna Haggar (I) is running for re-election in District 10.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Karen L. Soli||36.4%||386|
|Patrick A. Kirschman Incumbent||34%||361|
Fargen ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 8 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow Democratic incumbent Gerald Lange, Patricia Stricherz (R) and Jason Bjorklund (I). Fargen and Patricia Stricherz (R) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 8 (2010)|
|Mitch Fargen (D)||5,133||34.25%|
|Patricia Stricherz (R)||3,559||23.75%|
|Gerald Lange (D)||3,435||22.92%|
|Jason Bjorklund (I)||2,859||19.08%|
In 2010, Fargen received $29,236 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mitch Fargen's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,500|
|Equality South Dakota||$1,500|
|South Dakota Ethanol Producers||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$29,236|
In 2008, Fargen collected $16,283 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,500|
|Equality South Dakota||$500|
|21st Century Democrats PAC||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mitch + Fargen + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Mitch Fargen
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2008 contributions to Mitch Fargen
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|