Difference between revisions of "Montana's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2012"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Revision as of 09:44, 19 October 2012
November 6, 2012
June 5, 2012
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Montana has a mixed primary: Democrats hold an open primary, meaning any registered voter can vote in the party's primary, while Republicans hold a closed caucus, restricted to party members.
Voter registration: Voters had to register to vote in the primary by February 11. For the general election, the voter registration deadline is October 6.
- See also: Montana elections, 2012
Heading into the November 6 election, the Republican Party holds the one Congressional seat from Montana.
|Members of the U.S. House from Montana -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of November 2012||After the 2012 Election|
Note: Election results were added on election night as races were called. Vote totals were added after official election results had been certified. For more information about Ballotpedia's election coverage plan, click here. If you find any errors in this list, please email: Geoff Pallay.
General election candidates
Montana's at-large District has been included in the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's "Red to Blue List," which identifies districts that the organization has specifically targeted to flip from Republican to Democratic control.
|United States House, Montana General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Denny Rehberg Incumbent||60.4%||217,696|
- Montana Secretary of State "Voter Information," Accessed July 25, 2012
- KAJ 18 "Kim Gillan enters Democratic race for US House," June 22, 2011
- Billings Gazette "Whitefish businesswoman becomes 5th Democrat in U.S. House race," November 3, 2011
- KPAX 8 "Strohmaier announces run for Congress," June 18, 2011
- KRTV 3 "Helena attorney Rob Stutz announces run for US House," August 10, 2011
- KRTV 3 "Wilmer of Bozeman announces U.S. House bid," February 1, 2011
- Billings Gazette "Billings real estate agent joins U.S. House race" March 13, 2012
- Great Falls Tribune "Democrats battling GOP dominance for Montana's House seat" March 13, 2012
- KXLF "Bozeman's Steve Daines comments on switching from Senate to House race," February 4, 2011
- Missoulian "Eric Brosten biography" March 13, 2012
- The Republic "Ex-Marine, Colorado college student files in Montana to run for Congress" March 13, 2012
- Missoulian "Democrat Rankin announces bid for U.S. House nomination" March 13, 2012
- DCCC, "Red to Blue 2012"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"