Montana 2008 ballot measures
- Two of them were legislatively-referred to the ballot.
- One initiated measure has qualified for the November 4 ballot.
- Eight initiatives had been approved for petition circulation, three for proposed constitutional amendments and five are for proposed statutes. Three of the eight were subsequently withdrawn from consideration, leaving five that were circulated of which only one collected sufficient signatures to qualify for the ballot.
On the ballot
|C-44||Government Administration||Up to 25% of certain public funds can be invested in private corporate capital stock||
|CISS||I-155||Health care||Health care programs to include uninsured children||
|LRSS||LR-118||Education||Continue a tax to help support the Montana University System||
|CICA||CI-101||Hunting||Define wildlife as collectively owned by all citizens of the state||Withdrawn|
|CISS||I-157||Gambling||Allow non-profits to hold lotteries||Withdrawn|
|CISS||I-158||Hunting||Alter existing hunting regulations||Withdrawn|
|CISS||I-159||Health care||Home health care||Withdrawn|
|CISS||Fair and Responsible Lending||Taxes||Provide that a limit on interest rates be allowed for loans||Missed deadline|
|CICA||Sarah's Law||Law enforcement||Penalties for child predators||Missed deadline|
|CICA||CI-99||Tax limitation||Cap on property taxes||Insufficient signatures|
|CICA||CI-100||Abortion||Defines life as beginning at moment of conception||Insufficient signatures|
|CISS||I-156||Government contracts||Disclosure requirements and restrictions on lobbyists||Insufficient signatures|
Notes on reading the table:
- "CISS" stands for a citizen-initiated state statute, "CICA" stands for citizen-initiated constitutional amendment, and LR stands for a ballot measure put on the ballot by a vote of the Montana State Legislature, requiring no signatures. "BI" stands for a legislatively-referred bond issue.
- 2008 ballot measures
- List of Montana ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by state
- Montana Legislature
- Laws governing the initiative process in Montana
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |