Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation
|Montana Director of Natural Resources and Conservation|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Montana Code, Title 2, Chapter 15, Part 33|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor|
|Assumed office:||January 7, 2013|
|Other Montana Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Public Instruction • Agriculture Director • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Director • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The director serves as head of the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. Their stated mission is "Helping to ensure that Montana's land and water resources provide benefits for present and future generations."
Title 2, Chapter 15, Part 33 of the Montana Code addresses the creation of the Director of the Natural Resources and Conservation.
"There is a department of natural resources and conservation. The department head is the director of natural resources and conservation appointed by the governor in accordance with 2-15-111."
1625 Eleventh Avenue
Helena, MT 59620
Post Office Box 201601
Helena, MT 59620
- Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, "About," accessed October 30, 2011
- KXLH, "Bullock appoints Tooley to MDT, Tubbs to DNRC," December 13, 2012
- Montana Code Annotated 2-15-3301, Department of Revenue-Head," accessed May 13, 2013
- Montana Code Annotated, " 2-15-111. Appointment and qualifications of department heads," accessed October 30, 2011
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 22, 2011