|Idaho State Senate District 9|
|2002 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Idaho House of Representatives|
|1999 - 2002|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Birthday||September 29, 1948|
|Place of birth||Sacramento, California|
|Religion||Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
Pearce graduated with his Associate's degree from Ricks College and with his Bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University.
In addition to being a state senator, Pearce is a rancher.
Before becoming a Senator, Pearce served one term in the Idaho House of Representatives from 2001 to 2003.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pearce served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Environment, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pearce served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Resources and Environment, Chair|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pearce served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Resources and Environment|
|• State Affairs|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Pearce won election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 9. Pearce defeated Matthew W. Faulks in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Alma Hasse (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Monty J. Pearce Incumbent||71.1%||12,356|
|Idaho State Senate District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Monty J. Pearce Incumbent||56%||3,395|
|Matthew W. Faulks||44%||2,672|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
| Idaho State Senate, District 9 |
2010 General election results
|Monty Pearce (R)||8,487||74.2%|
|Wayne Fuller (D)||2,952||25.8%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 9 (2008)|
|Monty Pearce (R)||10,492||67.8%|
|Wayne Fuller (D)||4,987||32.2%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Pearce received $11,899 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Monty Pearce's campaign in 2010|
|Senate Republican PAC Of Idaho||$1,100|
|Idaho Telecom Alliance||$1,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|The Idaho PAC||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$11,899|
In 2008, Candidate collected $6,518 in donations.
His largest contributor was:
|Senate Rebublican PAC of Idaho||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Monty + Pearce + Idaho + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Pearce represents Idaho Senate District 9. District 9 includes all of Adams, Payette, and Washington Counties.
Monty is married to Merry Pearce. They live in New Plymouth, Idaho.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Ron Paul 2012, "Ron Paul Endorsed By Idaho State Senator Monty Pearce," March 2, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- "GOP gain in Idaho House could trigger policy changes," Idaho Reporter, November 3rd, 2010
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 candidate contributions
- Pearce Campaign Donors
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|